Friday, May 15

Update for 5/15/09

Time to update some more of my posts.

First of all, I'm proud to say I started the C25K program this week. And I am feeling really good so far, so God willing, I'm sticking with it. Anything to get closer to my pre-children body.

Now, for the Household and Finance section:

15. Get into a solid housekeeping schedule and stick to it for three months. - Well, let's say I have at least devised a theoretical schedule. I've yet to stick to it for more than two days. Baby steps!!

16. Frame and hang photos and prints that are waiting to go up. - Yes, as soon as I have some extra money and buy some frames. I am also devoting one space on the wall where I am going to frame a bunch of the kids' artwork.

17. Apply feng shui in at least three areas in the house. - Not yet. Have to clean it first.

18. Organize my recipes and purge the cookbooks I don't use. - I actually did get rid of a few cookbooks, but the six-inch high (at least!) pile of loose recipes I have desperately needs attention.

19. Try one new recipe each month. - I actually try new recipes all the time, so this one is a no-brainer for me. At some point I will post some of the winners.

20. Create and maintain a family budget. - Maybe one day when we actually have some money - LOL.

21. Start an IRA - not yet.

22. Make sure we have enough life insurance. - I think we're okay, but I do need to check this.

23. Begin regular deposits into the kids' college accounts. - Regular? No.

24. Start chores and allowances for the kids. - One of these days.

25. Bake a cheesecake. - If anyone has a good fail-proof recipe, send it on.

26. Shop regularly at the local resale shop. - Again, regularly? Not yet.

27. Establish an emergency savings fund. - ha!

28. Come up with a regular meal planning system. - in progress

29. Organize and maintain our paperwork. - in good progress

30. Buy a stock. - not yet

31. Make our bed every day. - I was doing really well on this, but lately not so much.

32. Go one week without spending any money. - Close, but no cigar.

No comments: