Friday, December 12

Slight progress

Wow, with the holidays upon us, I haven't had as much time as I thought I would to tackle my list. I have, however made a bit of headway.


43. Start reading bedtime stories again. Check! I'm glad I have gotten back into this habit with the kids. Right now the boys and I are reading Prince Caspian. We should finish it up before they get the movie for Christmas from Grandma.


66. Reinstitute monthly date night. I have to be honest. I hadn't really worked on this one yet. It just sort of happened. Our landlord called me and invited us to a dinner theater presentation at his church. Well, going back to church is also on my list, so it couldn't hurt to see what his parish (do they call it a parish if it's not Catholic?) was like. He paid for the tickets, and dinner was included. Grandma watched the kids. So I think dinner and a show counts as date night. The play was actually very funny, and the acting by the church members was outstanding. There was no overly Christian overtone, thankfully, so we didn't feel awkward. Now I just have to keep it up. Time to start thinking ahead for January.


80. Spend one week a month completely away from the computer. That's going to be this weekend. EEK! I am working now (ahem ... supposed to be working!) and when I sign off at 10:00 p.m., old faithful gets turned off until Monday morning.


89. Find an organization to volunteer with regularly. This one turned out to be so easy. One of my 101 things supporters is the woman we adopted our furbaby Zoe from. She is involved in Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue, and she suggested I sign up to help them. We aren't really able to foster dogs waiting for adoption right now, but there are plenty of other things that they can use help with. Perfect! So tomorrow, Echo (MWBTR adoptee #2) and I are heading out to an adoption expo to represent MWBTR. I'm excited, and looking forward to more events like this as well.


No comments: